In the interest of enhancing the quality and service levels for all our customers, we are updating procedures to improve the monitoring and control of unused space of our car decks across the network. As of 11 January 2023, block bookings and additional bookings not confirmed in due time will be automatically removed to allow for additional business waiting to be accommodated on the vessel.
In order to keep your booking, it needs to be confirmed via one of our online booking channels (E-connect/Freight Portal/Freight Planner app) or with the relevant reservations office before the deadline stated by each route.
To confirm your booking, you must enter at least one of the following details:
- Vehicle registration number
- Trailer registration number
- Customer reference number
Please also note:
- The empty block bookings must always be used before making additional bookings, otherwise bookings will automatically be corrected in the system
- Block bookings are for the vehicle type, width, height and length specified only
- As ship capacities for each unit type are not interchangeable, use of driver accompanied block booking spaces for unaccompanied vehicles is not permitted (except under special circumstances and by prior arrangement with the relevant reservations office)
- Block bookings are allocated on the basis that they reflect realistic shipping patterns and must be utilised consistently. Usage will be reviewed periodically and allocations amended as necessary, in consultation with the customer
- Block bookings are allocated to the indicated customer account only and are not transferable or assignable to a third party
- In the event of acquisition or a change of control/ownership of a customer, block bookings will be subject to review
- Empty block bookings must not be transferred to other sailings
- Block bookings may be amended or cancelled at any time at the discretion of Stena Line.
If further assistance or clarification regarding this advice is needed, please reach out to your Area Sales Manager or our Customer Service Team.